5 Cute Scrub Dresses For Nurses [Perfect for Pinning Ceremonies!]
This post contains affiliate links (at no extra cost to you). Please read our disclosure for more information.
A white scrub dress may evoke back to a bygone era, but there are plenty of reasons for nurses to rock the scrub dresses this year, particularly for their breathability and style. The best scrub dresses for nurses must not look good only, but they also are functional.
In terms of “uniforms,” nothing is more symbolic for the healthcare profession that a good medical scrub outfit. We’re reviewing our 7 top picks for scrub dresses for nurses that are practical for everyday wear as well as look symbolic and amazing for your upcoming nursing pinning ceremony.
Still in nursing school? Start with our NCLEX prep
In a hurry? Here are our top 3 picks:
Dickies Women’s Button Front Dress
This is a great all-around nurse scrub dress that has two large front pockets and also a breast pocket, side slits for easy movement, and a fantastic cinched-in waist that helps to create some shape.
It runs a bit shorter than average which is just below your knee, so this dress is perfect for average to below-average height women. This fitted women’s scrub dress comes with a front waistband which has bust darts, button tabs, and elastic at the back for shaping. It features a notched collar with an eight-button closure, and the fabric is made of 60% Cotton and 40% Polyester.
What we like
- Elastic back which makes it easy to fit with several waist sizes
- Pocket compartment allows for easy access to items
- Cinched waistband adds lovely shape
- Notched collar
- Chest pocket. Brushed Twill
- Side vents
Related: Best Shoes for Nurses
Adar Universal Fitted Midriff Scrub Dress
This product is a durable white scrub dress made of 65% polyester and 35% cotton. It’s a perfect fit, including an embroidered midriff and side slash pockets. Its back elastic comfort waist snaps at the waistline to give a beautiful shape.
Adar Universal’s fitted women’s scrub dress comprises of small tucks at the shoulders around its full-length sleeves. It features a double breasted button closure with two front slip pockets as well as a notched collar. This nurse scrub dress is designed to bring comfort and sophistication any time you step into it. The center back has a length of 45 ½.
What we like
- Elastic comfort waist snaps
- Double breasted button closure design
- Curved silhouette
- Covers below the knees
- FIT & STYLE: Classic Fit, Center Back Length 45"...
- POCKETS: 2 Side Slash Pockets For Instrumentation.
- FEATURES: Embroided Midriff Detail, Double...
koi 905 Women’s Alexandra Scrub Dress
Here is a type of white nurse scrub dress that is not just functional but also makes you look great! It resembles that of a fashionable shirt dress but also has the utility of a scrub dress. There are four pockets that offer plenty of storage options and the soft, lightweight cotton-polyester fabric insures comfort all day.
The KOI 905 nurse scrub dress comes with a spread collar and two front patch pockets. The center back has a length of 39, and has long sleeves with roll-tab closure.
What we like
- Stitched-in belt
- There are 4 roomy pockets that allow for more mobility
- Knee length
- SMART & STYLISH: The Alexandra Scrub Dress is...
- MULTI-POCKET: The Alexandra Scrub Dress comes with...
- CONVENIENT FEATURES: The Alexandra Scrub Dress...
White Cross Pleated Nurse Dress
If you are on the lookout for a plus-sized nursing scrub, then this product from white cross will be an ideal fit with a plus size of 45 1/2″. This is a pleated white scrub dress that comprises of two lower patch pockets, a cell phone pocket, and thin back tie belt.
This nurse scrub is designed with a back strap to accentuate the waist and also has a V-shaped neckline which adds to its minimal design. This nursing scrub is made of 65% polyester and 35% cotton poplin, which adds to its durability.
What we like
- Comfortable to wear due to its lightweight fabric
- Ideal for the summer period
- Superb A-line which gives unrestricted movement
What we don’t like
- Sizes seem to run bigger than expected
- Slightly transparent fabric
Related: 11 Best Watches for Nurses
White Cross A-Line Scrub Dress
This white or navy blue scrub dress is made for comfort and stylish wear. It features a mock-wrap neckline and front closures for shaping. It comprises of an inset sleeve and a wide waistband. Medium-sized fashionistas who desire to look prim will love this nursing scrub. There are two front patch pockets that make for easy storage on-the-go.
This dress length is 38″ and ideal for mid-sized people. The fabric is made of polyester and cotton in a ratio of 65% and 35% respectively to enhance its durability. It comes with a banded waist and well seamed for shaping. This white scrub makes an ideal pick for work as well as for your upcoming nursing pinning ceremony!
This also comes in a plus-sized nursing scrub, reaching sizes up to 5XL! If you are looking for a plus-sized nursing scrub, look no further than White Cross’s A-Line Scrub Dress.
What we like
- Perfect medium weight & breathable
- Comes in white and blue
- Excellent quality fabric
What we don’t like
- The material is pretty transparent. Those who wear it will have to wear a white slip underneath.
- Some users complain of its short length relative to the size.
- Hosiery and shoes available
- International shipping available
- Great for graduation or church
Scrub Dress Buying Tips
What Makes a Nurse Good Scrub Dress?
We love the simplicity of the scrub dress as well as its functionality. Similarly, for those who are just graduating, the white nurse scrub dress (or scrub skirt) makes a perfect, iconic statement for your upcoming nursing pinning ceremony. Here are five reasons why healthcare professionals love to wear these scrub dresses.
- Comfort: Presently, scrub dresses come in so many varieties of comfortable fabrics and blends. What a time to be a nurse! They are designed in all colors of the rainbow and even fashionable and sporty looks and designs. Gone are the days when wearing a nursing dress was seen as stiff and archaic.
- Laundry: These scrub dresses are created with materials that do not pick up dirt and grime easily. However, at the end of the day, washing them is still necessary. They can be easily washed to remove and sterilize bacteria, fluids, and blood stains that is picked up during the shift. A study carried out in 2007 by the Health and Human Services Department discovered that bacteria was present in 70% of scrubs worn by nurses at the end of a single shift. This necessitates the need to have a scrub dress which is easy to wash and doesn’t attract bacteria easily.
- Design: Scrub dresses are now designed to offer maximum comfort and easy movement as well as accentuate the feminine figure. Adding depth with waistbands and well-intentioned design for women is the surest way to feel amazing in your uniform.
- Protection: Scrub manufacturers are able to make medical scrubs that guard against bacteria and every other form of infection. This added protection is useful to both the staff and patient alike!
What Kinds of Prices You Can Expect to Pay
The nurse scrub dress serves as a trademark dress to identify nurses and, fortunately, these dresses can come at quite low prices. It all depends on the quality and brand you are buying, but ideally, most nurses’ scrub does not exceed $30. So, with less than $30 you will get to buy your fitted women’s scrub dress for work and your upcoming nurse pinning ceremony!