How do you choose the best gifts for medical assistants? Every person is different, so what appeals to your loved one might not appeal to someone else. Fortunately, there are tons of great items on the market, ranging from funny to practical to luxurious. We’ve taken a look at some solid options to get you started!
Our top pick overall is the Personalized Medical Assistant Bag. This super practical and comfortable bag comes with a personal touch that shows you went the extra mile.
Prepping for the USMLE? Start Here.
The Best Gifts for Medical Assistants
Personalized Medical Assistant Bag
This is a great choice when you’re looking for gifts for medical assistants week, birthdays, graduations, and holidays. It’s a practical bag that has everything a medical assistant needs to stay organized. The large zippered compartment keeps your items safe, while the mesh pockets include pen loops for your tools.
- Personalized with name, title, and color of your choice
- Functional and durable polyester construction
- Roomy zippered pocket along with mesh pockets and pen holders
- Professional-grade heat transferred vinyl print
A gift that appeals to everyone, this personalized bag is the perfect way to show a medical assistant that you care!
Cute Medical Assistant Shirt
This super cute medical assistant shirt is handmade by a small business owner. It’s an affordable, cozy, and soft addition to any wardrobe. There are 13 different colors to choose from and sizes ranging from small to 2XL.
- Handmade to order by a small business
- Soft and comfortable materials
- Cute, fashion-forward shirt for medical assistants
- Available in 13 colors and a range of sizes
Medical Assistant Wish Bracelet
This wish bracelet is a super affordable jewelry option with a beautiful message. It comes attached to a card that encourages the wearer to make a wish when they wear it. The understated design will appeal to those who enjoy minimalist jewelry and who don’t like splashy medical-themed accessories.
- Super affordable bracelet for those on a budget
- Comes attached to an encouraging card
- Minimalist design can complement any style
- Tie-style closure made from completely biodegradable cord
A muted but poignant piece of jewelry, this bracelet is made to uplift your spirits.
Do you live in a place with chilly autumns and winters? Have you noticed that your potential gift recipient has worn out their college sweatshirts? Then this comfy option might be just the thing! The beautiful handmade design has bright, funky colors that will liven up the workplace.
- Comfy sweatshirt with a fun print
- Custom made by a small business
- Detailed sizing chart available
- Product ships for free in the US
Related: Shop the Best Gifts for Nurses for 2023
Comfortable Hospital Sneakers
Read our in-depth review of the Allbirds Tree Dashers
These eco-friendly sneakers have everything you want when you’re running around a clinic all day. We love them so much, we listed them among our favorite gifts for med students for 2023. They’re supportive enough to keep your joints from aching after hours on your feet. At the same time, they’re lightweight enough to prevent fatigue as you walk. The slip-on design makes them super convenient, and you can purchase a pair in a wide variety of colors.
- Made from environmentally sustainable and recycled materials
- Lightweight and supportive shoes for people on their feet
- “Slip on and go” design minimizes your time getting ready
- Durable enough to last through months of tough shifts
Super comfy, eco-friendly sneakers for doctors, med students, and nursing students! Upgrades to the original Tree Dasher includes an angular heel for softening impact. Pairs perfectly with Trino Sprinters low socks.
These socks actually pair with the sneakers above; they’re made by the same manufacturer. Get both at once for maximum comfort. The cozy design wicks away moisture, minimizes odor, and is made from breathable and eco-friendly materials. A reinforced heel and toe add additional support in the places it’s most needed.
- Built to pair with the Tree Dasher shoes above
- Reinforced toe and heel for maximum support
- Breathable, environmentally friendly materials
- Minimizes odor and wicks away moisture throughout the long work day
- Super soft and comfy for those who want to avoid chafing
Summary: Whether on their own or paired with great sneakers, these comfy socks give you support while keeping your feet cool!
The Allbirds Anytime No Show socks are a perfect complement to the Allbirds Tree Dashers. Made from recycled nylon and Merino wool, these cozy socks are built for comfort and performance.
Stemless Wine Glass
Who doesn’t want to unwind after a long day at work? This funny wine glass is printed with “after patients” while the “before patients” coffee cup can be used at the start of the day.
- Quality construction with a scratch-resistant coating
- Funny design made specifically for medical workers
- Packaged in a durable gift box
Medical Assistant Badge Reel
Badge reels make great graduation gifts, as medical assistants settle into their new jobs. This design has a long cord that’s built to last. The plastic mylar button can be easily wiped clean. In addition, the reel comes packed in a gorgeous organza gift bag, so you don’t even need to worry about wrapping!
- 33 inch badge reel cord extends past the length of your arm
- Button has a plastic coating to make cleanup super easy
- Cute overall design makes a great accessory
- Comes already packaged in a pretty organza gift bag
This personalized thermos comes in your choice of 12 different colors, with a custom printed name. The design is laser engraved to last for ages. In addition, the insulation will keep drinks hot or cold for multiple hours. Since it can hold up to 20 ounces, it’s a great choice for the coffee-guzzling medical assistants of the world!
This mug is customizable and can be used for other profession engravings, including for PAs. Shop this thermos and more ideas on our Best gifts for Physician Assistants list.
- Customized mug with a name and 12 different color options
- High tech laser engraving won’t fade or peel
- Keeps drinks insulated at the right temperature for hours
- Includes a snug lid to minimize spill risks
- Holds 20 total ounces of liquid, so it’s great for morning coffee
MA Mini Notepad
It’s great to have a way to jot down notes on the go. This miniature notepad is small enough to keep in a purse or pocket. You’ll also personalize it with the name of the recipient. The text is all laser engraved, and the manufacturer guarantees that it won’t ever fade or peel.
- Miniature notebook can fit in a pocket
- Includes a personalized name and 4 color options
- 50 sheets of paper included
- Comes with a tiny ballpoint pen to match
- Manufacturer guarantees the cover won’t fade or peel
Medical Team Ornament
Ornaments make incredible Christmas gifts for medical assistants. Every year, this special keepsake will decorate the tree. Each of these beautiful porcelain ornaments is inscribed with the year and personalized with the recipient’s name.
- Personalized Christmas ornament for medical assistants
- Crafted from high quality porcelain
- Comes with a ribbon loop for the tree and a box for safekeeping
- Handmade and inscribed with the year and name of the recipient
A personalized Christmas ornament for healthcare workers, this beautiful porcelain item will hold nostalgia for years to come!
Medical Assistant Ugly Christmas Sweater
Some Christmas gifts for medical assistants are designed to get a belly laugh at the office Christmas party. If you want something funny to give your coworker for the holidays, definitely consider this. It features an ugly Santa with a hilarious caption.
- Ugly Christmas sweater that’s great for a laugh
- Made for medical assistants specifically
- Perfect for coworkers and relaxed holiday parties
- Available in sizes up to 5XL
This bag actually made our list of the top 5 nurse tote bags, and for good reason. It’s so well-organized that you can basically carry around an entire office. The roomy design features six exterior pockets for your small items, two water bottle pockets, five interior pockets for stashing valuables, and a roomy main compartment that can hold all your healthcare equipment.
- Tons of interior and exterior pockets for maximum organization
- Available in 18 different colors and styles
- Large enough to hold healthcare equipment, books, and all of your electronics
- Great for medical assistants who want everything easily accessible at all times
An awesome tote for medical workers that features multiple exterior and interior pockets. Best tote for nurses and doctors.
Speidel Scrub Watch
We’ve actually done an in-depth review of this product on the Speidel Scrub Watch Review page. Suffice to say, we love it. The large numbers and visible clock hands make it super easy to read when taking a pulse, and the design is water resistant at up to 30 meters. The manufacturer even provides a satisfaction guarantee.
- Durable watch with large, readable numbers
- Built specifically to help with taking pulses and telling the time
- Soft silicone band is extremely easy to wash
- Water resistant for up to 30 meters
- Available in a huge range of colors
Comes in medical scrub colors and features an easy-to-read dial and second hand. For medical assistants who want a watch that’s easy to read, this is the perfect choice!
This beautiful necklace is available in rose gold and silver coloring. It has a stethoscope charm with a heart that symbolizes the recipient’s love for patients. The chain is 22 inches long, and the piece is very affordable.
- Pretty bracelet with stethoscope charm
- Your choice of rose gold or silver coloring
- Made to symbolize the love of healthcare workers for their patients
Medical Themed Socks
These delightful socks are available with four different medical-themed patterns to choose from. They’re built for use as stocking stuffers and gifts to the healthcare workers in your life. One size fits most people, so you don’t have to worry about interpreting a sizing chart.
- Medical themed socks for women and men
- 4 different medical patterns to choose from
- One size fits most feet
- Made to use as stocking stuffers and birthday gifts
Hand Repair Gift Set
When you’re working in a healthcare setting, you wash your hands… a lot. That’s great for sanitation, but it can wreak havoc on your skin. Medical assistants often have dry and cracked hands, so moisturizer goes a long way. This gift set includes three moisturizing and repairing products, along with gloves for the application.
- Gift set of 3 different repairing moisturizers
- Includes gloves, shea butter cream, cuticle cream, and almond & milk cream
- Comes in a beautifully packaged gift basket
- Perfect for medical assistants with dry skin
Related: 11 Unique Gifts for Male Nurses
Is your loved one often dealing with cracked and dry skin from hand washing? This hand repair kit may be just the thing!
Funny Coffee Mug
You can never go wrong with a novelty coffee mug. This one made us laugh out loud! It’s sure to brighten up any medical assistant’s day, and it’s a great choice for coworkers. The mug holds 11 ounces of liquid and can fit easily into a home cupboard.
- Funny coffee mug made for medical assistants
- Great for family, friends, and office coworkers
- Holds 11 ounces of liquid
- Compact enough to fit easily in a kitchen cupboard
Have you ever laughed out loud at a coffee mug? The medical assistant in your life will certainly relate to this one!
This cheeky “prescription wine” tumbler is made for healthcare workers including doctors, nurses, and medical assistants. It can hold 12 ounces of wine or coffee. In addition to being funny, the double walled insulation allows liquid to remain hot or cold for hours. A spill-resistant lid is included, and the entire tumbler is crafted from durable stainless steel.
- Funny “prescription wine” tumbler that holds 11 ounces
- Double walled insulation keeps liquid at the same temperature for hours
- Crafted out of BPA-free stainless steel, so it’s rust resistant and unbreakable
- Comes with spill-resistant lid for portable travel
This funky set of pens makes a great accessory. Each package includes 6 syringe highlighters and 4 syringe pens. You can see the highlighter ink through the clear syringe, making these a neat novelty gift. These are fun gifts for anyone in the medical field and also made our list of the best gifts for doctors in 2023.
- Syringe-shaped clear pens and highlighters
- Bright neon colors shine through the plastic
- Each package includes 4 pens and 6 different colored highlighters
- Perfect for organization and delight around the office
Sarcastic Medical Themed Note Pads
These sarcastic medical note pads make a great organizational tool for the snarky among us. Each pad has a different sarcastic message at the top to make reminders and scheduling more fun.
- Funny medical pads with sarcastic messages on top
- Small enough to bring on-the-go for notes
- 8 pads included, each with a different bright color
Wool Runners – “Off the Clock” Sneakers
Healthcare workers can’t spend all their time in the clinic! These off the clock sneakers are available in 14 different colors. They’re perfect for wearing around the house thanks to their soft and cozy feel. Crafted with merino wool, they’ll keep your feet warm. And they’re even machine washable!
- Casual around-the-house sneakers made from renewable materials
- Soft, cozy fit flexes to conform to your feet
- Technology minimizes foot odor during wear
- Crafted from soft, snug merino wool
- Machine washable for maximum ease of cleaning
Healthcare workers need time to relax, too. These sneakers are perfect for lounging around the house or taking casual walks. Pair with the Trino Cozy Crew socks.
These reference sheets make great gifts for medical assistant graduates who are embarking on the start of their careers. There are 13 cards in a set, along with 24 reference sheets that are printed on the front and back. It’s basically a cheat sheet for everything you might ever need to look up about a patient or procedure.
- Reference sheets are great for recent graduates
- Comes with 13 ID cards and 24 double-sided reference sheets
- Covers everything from ICU to neurology to basic medicine to medical Spanish
- Cards made from waterproof plastic that can clip to your badge reel
Would you benefit from a cheat sheet for… well, everything? What about 30 of them clipped right to your badge?
This bracelet uses a funky design that stands out from the other jewelry on the market. At one end is a heart charm. The silver band then wraps around the wrist before breaking into a heart monitor’s spiky reading. It’s a super cool piece that will be appreciated by those who like creative fashion accessories!
- Sterling silver bracelet stands the test of time
- Cool design that’s set apart from other jewelry
- Comes packed inside a gift box with a thank you card
- 100 percent money back guarantee from the manufacturer
Hospital Themed Sticky Notes
These quirky sticky notes come in a ton of unique shapes. They’re designed and colored to mimic items found in hospitals. Every pad has several hundred self-stick sheets. The book itself is pocket-sized and super easy to carry around with you.
- Fun hospital themed sticky notes to keep you organized
- Multiple different pad shapes based on hospital items
- Can be fit easily into a pocket of your scrubs or jacket
Great for those who love Post-It Notes, these hospital shaped sticky notes can remind you of anything, anywhere!
Where is the fashion for healthcare workers who like a casual, laid-back time? It’s right here. This baseball cap comes with a stethoscope printed on it. It is crafted from distressed cotton and pigment dyed, with an unstructured design. If you use it as a ponytail hat, it closes with an adjustable metal buckle.
- Baseball cap with an embroidered stethoscope
- Made specifically for doctors, nurses, and medical assistants
- Comfortable cotton construction with an unstructured look
- Closes with an adjustable metal buckle to fit multiple head shapes
If you’re looking for a more casual gift for a medical assistant, this comfy baseball cap works wonders!
Carrying around a bulky stethoscope all day isn’t comfortable or convenient. This carrying case makes it easy to pack your stethoscope, bandages, scissors, and a penlight into one easy space. A mesh pocket accommodates your other accessories, while the wrist handle lets you keep your hands free as you move.
- Stethoscope case that holds basic medical supplies
- Interior pocket for bandages, shears, and a penlight
- Lined with fluffy fabric to prevent damage to your stethoscope
- Wrist handle keeps your hands free on the go
By packing your basic medical supplies and your stethoscope in one kit, you make it a lot easier to respond to emergencies!
Bone Ballpoint Pens
Thought the syringe highlighters were neat? These bone pens have a little taste of the macabre. They’re all shaped like different bones in the human body. Each package comes with 10 of these fun and creative ballpoint pens.
- Package includes 10 ballpoint pens
- Every pen is shaped like a different human bone
- Built for medical and biology professionals
- Creative and a little spooky around the Halloween season
Botched Operation Game
- Fun hospital themed game
- No medical knowledge required
- Great for the whole family, since it’s rated ages 10 and up
- Filled with inside jokes that will make medical assistants laugh
Spa Gift Basket
You can never go wrong with a gift basket. And this spa gift basket gives you everything you need to have a perfect luxurious day at home. There are 15 pieces included such as a shampoo bar, shower gel, body scrub, bath salts, bubble bath, an eye mask, and bath bombs. You can DIY an entire spa experience!
- Beautifully packaged gift basket with self care items
- Includes 15 luxurious spa pieces
- Way less expensive than a day of actual spa treatment
- Contains bath bombs, bath salts, and bubble bath for maximum relaxation
Gift this at home spa kit with 15 pieces of lavender goodies including bath bombs, shampoo bar, eye mask, shower gel, bubble bath, salts, body scrub lotion, and MORE!
Shower Steamers Variety Pack
Another amazing self-care option, this package comes with 6 essential oil shower fizzes. The manufacturer infuses the products with real essential oils, so you get aromatherapy benefits when they dissolve. All you have to do is place one at the corner of your shower and let the spray hit it.
- Beautifully packaged kit of 6 shower steamers
- Product dissolves and releases pleasant scents
- Real essential oils for maximum aromatherapy benefit
- Each fizzie has a different scent
Relax in the shower with this variety pack of shower steamers including lavender, menthol and eucalyptus, vanilla, watermelon, grapefruit, peppermint, and more!
Lunchboxes aren’t just for school. This reusable backpack is built to keep your food and drink cool throughout the day. In addition to being a convenient addition to your commute, it’s also a great tool for medical assistants who like to hike or camp in their down time. It even has a USB port and a place for your laptop!
- Reusable lunchbox backpack that keeps food cool throughout the day
- Waterproof tote can hold books and your computer
- Includes a USB port
- Perfect for daily commutes and for hiking adventures
This insulated cooler backpack includes a USB port and can fit a 15.6 inch laptop! Great for work, school, camping, picnics, and hiking.
Dictionaries are just as useful as reference sheets when it comes to gifts for medical assistant graduates. You can look up everything you need to know about treatments, medications, diagnoses, and different symptoms. Though it’s a little more cumbersome than a quick cheat sheet, it’s also much more detailed!
- Medical dictionary contains definitions of medical terms
- Great for studying etymology of different words
- One of the most detailed reference guides you can buy
- A must-have for recent graduates finding their footing in the job market
Gifts for Medical Assistants FAQ
What are some good medical assistant week gift ideas?
The best gifts for medical assistants will enrich their life somehow. The Personalized Medical Assistant Bag has everything they need for workplace success.
What are good thank you gift ideas for medical staff?
The best gifts for medical assistants will vary depending on their personality, needs, and your relationship to them. You’d probably buy something different for your spouse than you would for a casual coworker, after all. As long as the gift matches their personality and lets them know you thought of them, then it’s a great choice.
A gift that appeals to everyone, this personalized bag is the perfect way to show a medical assistant that you care!
Our top pick overall is the Personalized Medical Assistant Bag because of its near-universal appeal. The bag is optimized specifically to meet the needs of medical assistants, and it has a personal touch. At the same time, it’s practical and stylish enough to match nearly any medical assistant’s needs.