When you’re looking for gifts for a physician assistant, you want to be sure to pick the perfect one. Gifts are a highly subjective area. The best gifts for PAs are whichever ones show you care while matching the personality and needs of the recipient.
Our top pick overall for gifts is a pair of white sneakers. These are appropriate for any healthcare setting, and they’re also made with environmentally friendly materials.
A Pair of White Sneakers
Medical professionals of all kinds can benefit from a pair of white sneakers. They comply with nearly any healthcare dress code, and they’re both practical and comfortable. The Tree Dashers are available in a wide variety of sizes, and they’re one of the best shoe options on the market. Breathable enough to last through long shifts, they have a supportive midsole and are crafted from eco-friendly materials.
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Made our list of the 10 Best Shoes for Doctors
- Pair them with the Trino Sprinter Socks
- Made with eco-friendly materials
- Dual layered midsole for maximum comfort and support
Who says socks don’t make a great gift? For the sock-lovers in your life, there are these cute patterned socks. They feature scrubs, stethoscopes, bandages, face masks, and X-ray machines. The colorful and fun design is crafted from a blend of cotton, polyester, nylon, and spandex. That means it’s comfortable while stretching to conform to your foot!
- Cute patterned socks with medical themes
- Made of a soft, stretchy blend of materials
- Casual novelty clothes that are good for lounging or the workplace
- Machine washable for easy maintenance
Studying for the USMLE? Start Here.
An Apple Watch is a much-revered technological gadget that can spice up your life. Rather than being just a watch, it has a variety of other functions too. You can purchase a watch with GPS tracking and cellular data. The display of the latest series is larger than the previous one for easy reading. You can use this as a medical device by measuring your blood oxygen, ECG, and heart rate.
- Comes with tools to measure heart rate, oxygen, and ECG
- GPS tracking with a cellular data option available
- Comes with Mindfulness and Sleep apps to help you relax
- Workout tracking capabilities for a variety of activities
- Available in a range of neutral and bright colors
Personalized Physician Assistant Gifts
What better way to show someone you care than with a personalized tumbler? This 20 ounce item is available in nine different colors and can also be used as a coffee mug. Made specifically for physicians assistants, you can have the mug personalized with your loved one’s name. The double-walled insulation keeps drinks at the proper temperature for hours.
- 20 ounce tumbler personalized with someone’s name
- Double-walled insulation to keep liquids cold or hot
- Laser engraved, so the design won’t fade
- Stainless steel for maximum durability
At the end of a long day, this personalized tumbler is just what a physician’s assistant needs to relax.
Personalized Cutting Board
Being a physician assistant can be a demanding job. If you like to cook, it’s best to have the right tools available. This personalized cutting board makes it much easier to make your meals at home. You can purchase the engraved item in a variety of different types of wood, and there are three sizes to choose from.
- Custom engraved with the name of your loved one
- 3 sizes and 3 types of wood available
- Laser engraved, dried, and sanded for maximum longevity
- 100 percent satisfaction guarantee from the manufacturer
This embroidered sweatshirt is perfect for physician assistants working in colder climates. As the weather gets chillier, you need something to protect you! Each item is embroidered with the name, credentials, a medical cross, and a stethoscope in the thread coloring of your choice. Gift wrapping is even available.
- Crafted from a blend of polyester and cotton
- Comfy sweatshirt/jacket option for colder weather
- Can be embroidered with both name and credentials
- Perfect for people who like cozy personalized gifts
Physician Assistant Ornament
A physician assistant ornament is a great option to celebrate the holidays, especially for the newly graduated people in your life! This ornament can be personalized with the name of your choice. Hang it on the tree for years to come!
- Christmas ornament with the name of your choice
- Made specifically for physician assistants
- Cute design that stands the test of time
PA White Coat Ceremony Gifts
Shadow Box for White Coat
This linen lined shadow box can be used for the white coat. It’s available in your choice of black, grey, or white. The solid wooden construction will stand up to time, while the attached metal hangers allow you to hang it horizontally or vertically. It also ships in “frustration-free” packaging that has been certified by Amazon.
- Made our list of the 11 Best White Coat Ceremony Gift Ideas
- Can be hung horizontally and vertically
- Available in black, gray, and white
- Great for holding your white coat
- Ships in easy-to-handle packaging
First White Coat Hanger
This sweet gift is great for the new physician assistant students in your life. It can be customized with the person’s name, and the hanger specifies that it’s their First White Coat. In addition to physician assistants, the gift is built for new doctors, nurses, and PhD candidates.
- Special hanger for your white coat
- Customized with the student’s name
- Great for physicians assistants and other healthcare workers
- Solid wood construction
- Hand crafted by a small business team
White Coat Wine Bottle Bag
As adorable as it is funny, this white coat bag lets you carry around your wine bottles in style! You can even purchase it in a variety of colors. The bag itself is made from high quality felt, while the package also includes certain accessories. The manufacturer also offers a 30 day money back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied.
- Cute, funny bag to hold your wine bottles
- Made from high quality felt
- Available in several different colors, including a white coat
- Comes with a 30 day money back guarantee
- Makes it easy to wrap a congratulatory gift of wine
This funny white coat bag can be used to hold wine bottles as a gift!
Best Gifts for Physician Assistant Students
Herschel Little America Backpack
Among our list of the best gifts for medical students is the Herschel Little America backpack. You need to have a great organizational system when you’re studying for a healthcare profession. This classic and durable backpack option can hold 25 liters. It is crafted from a combination of polyester and nylon, allowing it to hold your heaviest textbooks without ripping. Padded straps add to the comfort.
- Classic backpack design can carry 25 liters
- Room to fit textbooks, small personal items, and other accessories
- Padded shoulder straps for extra comfort
- Breathable mesh to keep your back cool
Future Physician Assistant Notebook
This small notebook is made specifically for physician assistants. It’s one of the most affordable options on the list, making it great for people who are shopping on a budget. Students can use this as a pocket journal to keep track of their assignments, to-do lists, and daily schedule.
- Inexpensive and small notebook
- Made specifically for physician assistants
- Great for keeping notes, reminders, and to-do lists
- Beautiful cover design
This beautiful notebook is crafted specifically for the future physician assistants in your life!
Physician Assistant Jewelry Gifts
Rosa Vila Stethoscope Necklace
This stethoscope necklace uses a simple chain, heart charm, and stethoscope pendant. It’s simple and discreet enough to go with any normal outfit, but personalized enough to show that you care! Each necklace is made from a combination of copper and brass, making it an inexpensive piece of jewelry.
- Beautiful design with a subtle charm
- Affordable mixture of copper and brass
- High quality jewelry from a small business
- 18 inch chain with the heart fixed to the stethoscope pendant
Birthstone Stethoscope Necklace
This sterling silver necklace might appeal to people who want to buy higher end jewelry. The end of the stethoscope charm is set with a birthstone crystal of your choice, so you can personalize the gift for your loved one. All of the jewelry from this company comes with a 12 month warranty, and it ships already placed in a gift box.
- High quality sterling silver necklace
- Comes with the birthstone of your choice
- Hypoallergenic materials with crystals from Austria
- 12 month warranty included with each purchase
- Ships in a pretty gift box, so there’s no wrapping involved
Buying birthstone jewelry is a touching way to show you care, and this stethoscope necklace goes the extra mile!
Heartbeat EKG Stethoscope Ring
Do you know someone who loves beautiful rings? From the same company that makes the last stethoscope necklace comes a sterling silver ring. Like the previous option, you can have the material set with the birthstone of your choice. While the standard size is #7, the ring can be adjusted for any size.
- Hypoallergenic sterling silver materials
- Birthstone of your choice with crystals from Austria
- Comes with a 12 month warranty
- Ships in its own gift box to save you the hassle of wrapping
Perfect for those who prefer less obtrusive jewelry, this ring looks great and feels great!
Best Gifts for a Physician Assistant Graduate
New Scrub Jacket
Did you know that you can get a scrubs jacket? That’s a great option if your workplace is often chilly. Available in four different colors, this scrub jacket is crafted from a mixture of polyester, rayon, and spandex. It’s stretchy enough to move with a physician assistant throughout the workday. You can also machine wash it!
- Scrub jacket available in 4 different colors
- Polyester, rayon, and spandex blend is soft and stretchy
- Machine washable for easy maintenance
- Comes with a cell phone pocket and patch pockets
A stethoscope is an essential part of a healthcare worker’s medical kit. This gorgeous stethoscope comes with the chestpiece, headset, stem, and tube. It’s 27 inches in length. Thanks to new technology, the stethoscope can connect to a phone app to show you visual data about a patient’s heartbeat.
- New stethoscope with all the required equipment
- Connects to an app to show you visual data
- Amplifies sound up to 40 times
- Active noise cancellation for easier listening
- Soft seal ear tips are comfortable and reduce outside sound
Is there a coffee lover in your life? If you know a recent graduate who runs on caffeine, an espresso maker might be just the gift. This option lets you create single cups of high quality coffee by simply touching a button, so you never have to go to a gourmet coffee shop again!
- Espresso machine with a milk frother
- Brews 4 different sizes of single cups
- Uses specialized technology to brew perfect cups of coffee
- Great for those who love gourmet brews
This comfy option is affordable, great for graduation, and available in a wide variety of colors. You can also choose from multiple different sizes. Each shirt is handmade from 100 percent cotton. The manufacturer also gives a money back guarantee, so if you’re unsatisfied with the purchase, you don’t have to worry!
- Soft, cozy t-shirt available in over 10 colors
- Comes with a money back guarantee
- Crafted from 100 percent soft cotton
- 6 different sizes to choose from
- Super affordable gift option for those on a budget
Physician Assistant Survival Kits
PA Survival Kit Bag
This survival bag can be used to hold accessories, makeup, tools, and anything else you need for your day to day life. The high quality canvas has a vinyl print available in a huge number of different colors. Each of the bags is hand crafted and printed in the US.
- Survival bag can be filled with many different items
- Sturdy canvas construction
- Vinyl print available in 12 different colors
- Hand crafted by a shop in the US
PA Survival Kit Tag
This flyer is available for download instantly as soon as you make a purchase. It tells you everything that you’ll need when you’re putting together a DIY physician assistant survival bag. You can also print these flyers for events.
- Flyer listing everything you need for a survival kit
- Instantly available for download
- Cute design with easily readable information
A survival kit tag is the perfect way to keep track of your DIY organization
Physician Assistant Week Gifts
Chocolate Gift Basket
This gift basket comes with high quality chocolate, caramel, popcorn, and other treats. It makes a great present for the holidays, birthdays, and other occasions! The basket comes with enough handmade chocolate and caramel popcorn to feed an entire family or office.
- Gift basket with chocolate, popcorn, and other candy
- Hand crafted candy items
- Enough chocolate to feed a whole family
- Ability to send the gift with a personalized message
Coffee Gift Basket
This fabulous coffee gift basket is built for Starbucks lovers, coming with tons of gourmet coffee and tea. There are several different bags of Starbucks coffee, Tevana tea, caramel wafers, and cookies as snacks. Also included is a ceramic Starbucks mug.
- Gift basket made for caffeine lovers
- Comes with Starbucks coffee and Tevana tea
- Includes a ceramic coffee mug
- Great replacement for a morning run to Starbucks
What better way is there to appreciate the caffeine lovers in your life than with a coffee gift basket?
Before Patients, After Patients Mug/Wine Set
This silly and lighthearted gift will appeal to the wine lovers in your life! It comes with a ‘Before Patients’ mug and an ‘After Patients’ wine glass. The memorable gift is practical for those who enjoy a morning cup of coffee and a relaxing adult beverage in the evening.
- Comes with coffee mug and wine glass
- Funny, lighthearted gift to make someone smile
- Printed with ‘Before Patients’ and ‘After Patients’
This funny novelty gift works great for the wine lovers in your life!
Thank You Gifts for Physician Assistants
Want to say thanks to a physician assistant who treated you? A bouquet might be just the thing. This gift comes with its own vase. When you order from Monday to Thursday before 10 AM, the bouquet will be shipped overnight and arrive the following day.
- Beautiful bouquet of flowers
- Comes with a vase
- Can be shipped overnight from Monday through Thursday
- Shipped in bud stage, so flowers bloom over the following days
- Fresh cut blooms arranged by hand
A tried and true way to say thanks, this flower bouquet is beautiful and personal.
A cookie bouquet is certainly a unique gift option! And it can be a sweeter way to say thank you than flowers. These cookie bouquets are available in a variety of different packages. You can choose from emoji cookies, thank you cookies, and even flower-shaped cookies for the best of both worlds!
- Cookie bouquet with delicious treats
- Several different thank you gift options available
- Some choices include flower-shaped cookies
- Range of price points to fit any budget
Gifts for Physician Assistants FAQs
What does a PA student need?
PA students need a variety of supplies. Some of the top ones include textbooks, study resources, markers, medical equipment, and comfy scrubs and shoes.
When is National PA Day?
National PA Week lasts from October 6 to October 12 every year. Learn more about PA Week and the celebration at AAPA.
What do physician assistants like to be called?
To address a PA formally, use “PA Last Name.” PAs also prefer to be referred to as an associate. Ben goes into more depth in his PA blog.
Do physician assistants wear white coats?
Physician assistants often wear white coats. There is also a White Coat Ceremony that occurs during orientation for first year PA students.
Finding the right gift can feel like a challenge. Fortunately, there are gifts for a physician assistant no matter your relationship or their personality.
Overall, our top pick is a pair of white sneakers. These fit great in any professional medical setting, and they’re comfortable enough to be worn for hours. We also recommend personalized gifts like the personalized tumbler.
Whatever your choice, giving a gift to a physician assistant in your life is a great way of showing that you care.