The best waterproof nursing shoes are whichever ones allow you to do your job comfortably and effectively. The right choice for you will vary depending on your foot needs and personal preferences. What’s comfortable for one person might not be for another.
We’ve taken a look at the top 15 choices of waterproof nursing shoes, along with everything you need to know before you buy. Our top choice overall is the Skechers Eldred because of the support and comfort.
Best Waterproof Nursing Shoes
Skechers for Work Eldred
The Eldred shoe is our top choice overall because of how supportive and versatile it is. In fact, it made our list of the best white nursing shoes. The design gives you enough support to work long shifts, and the shoe is super durable. It’s hard to go wrong with this option unless you have some unique medical needs. The shoes are available in both white and black, crafted 100 percent from leather with a synthetic sole.
This is a sporty type of sneaker that’s built specifically for working professionals. The Relaxed Fit design gives you a roomy overall fit, providing support without constricting your foot. A padded collar and tongue prevent chafing. The heel has mesh paneling to cool your feet throughout the day, and the shock absorbing midsole is lightweight enough to prevent fatigue.
- Soft, comfortable shoes designed for long wear
- Padded with memory foam to absorb the shock of each stride
- Removable foam insole and a soft fabric lining
- Relaxed fit to provide support without constriction
- Rated safe for use around electrical hazards and slippery environments
Dansko Women’s Paisley
While these sneakers are pricier than a lot of the competition, they’re definitely worth the investment. Available in 9 different neutral colors, they’re built for heavy duty outdoor work. Each shoe is crafted from 100 percent leather with a synthetic sole. The waterproof upper is super durable and helpful for the workplace.
The shoes also shine when it comes to support. They have a removable footbed with triple layers of foam to support, cushion, and absorb shock. The extra arch support prevents pain at your pressure points. For those with additional needs, the design can accommodate the majority of custom and standard orthotic inserts. Cooling materials help keep your feet cool, and there are odor control features as well.
- Available in 9 different neutral tones
- Heavy duty leather sneakers for outdoor professionals
- Triple layered foam with extra arch support
- Can accommodate custom and standard orthotics alike
- Keeps your feet cool and prevents odors with CleansportNXT technology
Studying for the NCLEX? Start Here.
DYKHMILY Steel Toe Waterproof Sneaker
There are strict OSHA requirements when it comes to footwear for medical professionals. And if you often work with heavy or sharp equipment, you might want extra protection, too. These lightweight shoes have a steel toe to protect your feet. Not only do they protect you from heavy objects, but they’re also puncture-proof for extra safety.
These shoes were specifically built for work in professional environments. They’re slip resistant and breathable, allowing you to wear them during long shifts. The fabric upper has a water resistant layer to repel liquid while still allowing breathable airflow. The soft midsole is flexible enough to move with your foot, but it also keeps sharp objects from perforating the shoe.
- Available in 6 different colors and styles
- Heavy duty steel toe sneaker with puncture protection
- Flexible and lightweight for a relaxed feel
- Designed to be both waterproof and totally breathable
- Slip resistant and built for professional environments
For those working with heavy medical equipment, these protective steel toe sneakers are a great investment!
Merrell Jungle Moc Waterproof Slip-On
Not everyone wants to work with leather shoes. Though leather is one of the easiest waterproof materials to work with, you can also invest in suede shoes like these. The slip-on design makes them easier to wear than a lot of lace-up sneakers, so they’re great for nurses on the go. Simply pull the heel tab to wrap the shoe around your foot.
The rubber sole is designed with a grippy outsole tread, helping to keep you from slipping on wet floors. Meanwhile, the interior foam cushioning has dual layers to support and absorb shock. A dry membrane allows for some breathability while maintaining the waterproof design. For nurses looking for convenience, these shoes have a lot to offer.
- Affordable and convenient slip-on shoes
- Crafted from 100% suede with a rubber sole
- Dual density cushioning to support and absorb shock
- Grippy outsole increases traction and prevents slippage
- Great for nurses who don’t want to deal with shoelaces
These simple and comfortable shoes are great for nurses who are constantly on the go!
White Waterproof Nursing Shoes
Reebok Women’s Walk Ultra
These white waterproof nursing shoes are among the best waterproof nursing tennis shoes that money can buy. You can also purchase them with ice blue highlights, or in solid black. They’re crafted completely from synthetic material with a rubber sole. If you want a flat shoe, you’ll be pleased that the shaft is about low-top from the arch.
The upper is crafted from a mix of synthetic leather and textile. Since these shoes are made for walking, they’re ideal for nurses who are on their feet all day. If you often find yourself moving from exam room to exam room, you want shoes that can keep up. The MemoryTech foam helps to cushion your steps so that you’re comfortable even when walking on hard floors.
- Available in 3 color combinations, including pure white
- Textile and synthetic leather upper with a rubber sole
- Built for walking long distances
- Great for nurses who are on their feet all day
- Foam cushioning absorbs the shock of hard tile floors
Hawkwell Slip Ons
Here are white waterproof nursing shoes that can stand up to the heat. It’s easy to slip them on in the mornings and go. If you hate dealing with laces, the snug fit of these slip-ons will appeal. They’re also designed specifically for nurses, which means that they have an additional layer of workplace protection and slip resistance.
This is one of the most lightweight shoes on the list, so you’re unlikely to expeience fatigue in your feet. Rather than using a heavy rubber sole, the sole is crafted from lightweight EVA foam. Meanwhile, the synthetic leather upper can be easily cleaned using soap and water. The foam padding cradles your feet and offers neutral arch support.
- Lightweight shoes that can be slipped on and off
- EVA sole with a synthetic leather upper
- Can be cleaned using soap and water
- Foam padding with neutral arch support throughout the day
- Designed specifically with non-slip tech for nursing professionals
Designed specifically for nurses, these slip-resistant nursing shoes are perfect for those seeking comfort and convenience!
Best Waterproof Clogs for Nurses
Dansko Women’s Professional Clog
Summary: Dansko makes some of the best nursing shoes for women, and that remains true with this workplace clog!
The Dansko Professional Clog is built specifically for those in the workplace. But at the same time, it’s available in a huge range of funky colors and styles. You can choose everything from leopard print to tie dye to flowers to standard white shoes. Every shoe is crafted entirely from leather and has a polyurethane sole.
These are platform clogs, with a total platform of a little less than an inch. The instep collar has additional padding to keep you comfortable when you walk. That helps to avoid the chafing that you sometimes get with other clog designs. A roomy toe box protects you from heavy objects while giving your toes space to spread out. Additionally, the wide heel strike keeps your stride stable.
- Available in a whopping 73 colors and prints
- Padded instep to prevent chafing
- Rocker bottom platform has shock absorbing qualities
- Wide heel strike allows for extra stability when you walk
- Reinforced protective toe box has enough room for your toes to spread out
Alegria Keli Professional Clog
The Alegria professional clogs are built for those in the workplace, with a 100 percent leather upper and a rubber sole. The insole is made from suede leather for extra comfort. Meanwhile, the slip-resistant outsole keeps you safe on slippery and wet floors. The double elastic gores help the shoe retain its shape while still being easy to slip on and off.
The Keli is one of the best selling options from Alegria, and for good reason. It fits snugly around the heel, preventing slippage and potential instability. You can also purchase the shoes in a variety of seasonal colors. The Classic Footbed includes a combination of memory foam, lightweight cork, and polyurethane for the ultimate stability and support.
- Snug clogs built for working professionals
- Classic Footbed combines lightweight supportive cork, cushioning foam, and soft PU
- Rocker sole prevents slippage and absorbs shock
- Stain resistant leather upper is super breathable
- Made our list of the best orthopedic nursing shoes
Sticky Waterproof Slip Ons
The first thing we love about the Sticky slip ons is how bright the colors are. All of them are vibrant enough to appeal to your funky and fabulous fashion. Or you can get them in plain white for workplaces with stricter dress codes. The shoes are crafted completely from synthetic material, with a rubber sole and a 1-inch shock absorbing platform.
Thanks to the synthetic material, the shoes are more lightweight than a lot of the competition. They also have a non-slip outsole with solid traction. The interior footbed has absorbent materials, which means that your feet will stay dry even if you sweat during your shift. Most people find that the footbed has solid arch support and pressure point relief.
- Available in 9 bright colors
- Synthetic materials with a rubber sole
- Super lightweight and comfortable thanks to the arch support
- Moisture absorbing insole keeps feet dry during long shifts
- Slip-resistant outsole helps keep you safe in the workplace
Available in 9 bright colors, the Sticky shoes are great for nurses seeking lightweight synthetic footwear!
Dansko XP Clogs
Dansko makes shoes that can fit a diverse range of foot needs. For those who need a little more stability and support, there are the XP clogs. They’re available with nearly as many colors and prints as the previous Dansko option on our list, but they also have some extra cushioning. The EVA midsole absorbs the shock of each step, while the outsole is slip resistant.
The instep collar is padded, preventing chafing and blisters. You also get a removable footbed that can be replaced with custom or standard orthotics. The footbed itself has dual-density foam that provides a combination of cushioning and support. Also part of the footbed is Dansko Natural Arch tech, which stabilizes the arch and provides support for both high arches and flat feet.
- Available in 33 colors and funky prints
- Made our list of the best white leather nursing shoes
- 100% leather with a rubber sole
- Slip resistant outsole with an EVA midsole
- Removable dual density footbed includes arch stabilizing technology
If you’re looking for the Dansko quality, but you haven’t been interested in the bright colors or wild patterns, this might be the perfect shoe for you. It’s available in four neutral tones including black, brown, tan, and navy. The leather uppers have been treated with a stain resistant protective coating. Meanwhile, the outsole is made from lightweight EVA foam.
Inside, the shoe is lined with a combination of leather and textile. The company uses Aegis Microbe Shield technology to prevent bacteria from building up, which helps to eliminate odors before they can start. The dual density footbed has a combination of EVA and memory foam to support and cushion the foot.
- Leather clog available in 4 neutral tones
- Exterior is treated with a stain resistant protectant
- Comfy leather and textile lining also includes odor control
- Combination of EVA and memory foam footbed for extra comfort
- EVA outsole is super lightweight for wear during long shifts
Crocs On the Clock Unisex Clog
Crocs is well known for making comfortable footwear. These professional shoes are no different. You can get them in black, blue, tie dye, or a standard healthcare white. Like all Crocs products, the materials are entirely synthetic. The sole is crafted using Thermoplastic Elastomers technology, allowing it to be flexible while avoiding slipping on slick floors.
You can clean these clogs easily by using soap, water, and a damp cloth. They dry a lot faster than many other fabric shoes. Since the clogs have a relaxed fit, the company recommends getting a size down from your largest size. The footbeds have Croslite foam cushioning to keep your feet from aching throughout your longer shifts.
- Available in 4 colors, including white
- Relaxed fit with synthetic materials
- Croslite foam footbed offers excellent cushioning and comfort
- Slip resistant for professionals working around slick floors
- Can be cleaned simply by using soap and some warm water
Made for both men and women, these professional clogs are great for nurses in any healthcare setting!
Crocs Neria Pro
Like the previous option on the list, this shoe is crafted using a Thermoplastic Elastomers sole. It has a slightly more elevated heel than the previous option, so it’s ideal if you need extra heel cushioning. The shoes are specifically made for professionals who are on their feet for long shifts. You can wash them by simply using warm water and soap.
Another aspect of the most recent design is that you can remove the footbed liners and wash those, too. That goes a long way toward helping with odor control. The thicker toe area helps prevent you from being harmed by spills. They have been fully certified as meeting the ASTM requirements for non-slip professional environments.
- Professional clogs made specifically for nurses and kitchen staff
- Can be cleaned easily with soap and warm water
- Footbed liners can be removed and cleaned as well
- Fully ASTM certified as non-slip shoes
- Built to support and stabilize you during long shifts on your feet
Crafted specifically for professionals, these slip resistant clogs are super comfortable and dependable!
Best Waterproof Nursing Shoes for Men
Merrell Encore Slip On
The Merrell Encore slip on shoes are ideal for men who want a professional, neutral look. Since you can slip them on, they’re great for people on the go. You can choose from a variety of different neutral tones. The shoes are especially helpful for those seeking extra stability, as they have several features to stabilize your stride.
For example, the heel has a lightweight air cushion that absorbs shock. Customers have noted that the shoes are excellent for those suffering from plantar fasciitis. In addition, thanks to the molded arch shank, they stabilize and support your stride if you have flat feet. The breathable mesh lining keeps your feet cool and dry, while the rubber outsole is super durable.
- Available in several neutral colors and styles
- Good for nurses with flat feet
- Customers say it’s extremely helpful for plantar fasciitis
- Air cushion absorbs shock and offers extra stability
- Extra support thanks to the molded nylon arch shank
Dr. Scholl’s Winder Loafer
Did you know that Dr. Scholl’s makes more than orthotic inserts? These shoes are built for those who want additional comfort and support. In fact, they even made our list of the best shoes for doctors. The slip on technology makes these loafers more convenient to use than sneakers, but they have enough support to compete with athletic shoes.
The outsole has been tested and certified as both slip resistant and oil resistant. Meanwhile, the comfortable insole uses the anatomical cushioning that’s made Dr. Scholl’s famous. The layers of cushioning offer a combination of support and comfort for long wear throughout the day. Thanks to the padded collar, the shoes don’t chafe. The stretch gore also makes them much more flexible than many other loafers.
- Available in brown and black colors
- Slip resistant and oil resistant outsole with multiple certifications
- Comfortable cushioned insole is anatomically contoured
- Padded collar prevents chafing as you walk
- Stretch gore allows flexibility and prevents rigidity
The Skechers Oswald is a departure from the athletic footwear that Skechers is known for. It is a slip-on clog that looks more like an office shoe than a sneaker. But the synthetic materials are supportive enough for you to wear them on your feet for hours. The rubber sole has OSHA-compliant levels of slip resistance and traction.
The padded footbed helps to absorb the shock of each stride. Meanwhile, the padded collar cradles your ankle and prevents chafing for a more snug fit. You’ll find ventilating ports on the side of the shoe, helping to keep your feet dry and cool throughout the day. The comfort insole is removable, allowing you to use your own orthotics if you want.
- 100% synthetic construction with a rubber sole
- Padded footbed absorbs the shock of your stride
- Padded collar offers comfort and prevents chafing
- Slip resistant outsole is OSHA compliant for the workplace
- Can remove the insole and use your own orthotics instead
Buying Guide for Picking the Best Waterproof Nursing Shoes
Special Foot Needs
You’ll want to keep any special foot needs in mind. For example, people with high arches will need additional arch support, while those with heel issues might want a padded heel.
Shoes like the Merrell Encore have enough stability and cushioning for conditions like plantar fasciitis, flat feet, and other issues. If you have bunions or wide feet, you might want a shoe with a roomy toe box, like the Dansko Professional Clog.
Ease of Cleaning
Ease of cleaning is a big deal when it comes to nursing shoes. You never know what types of messes you’ll run into on any given day. Materials like leather tend to be easy to maintain, but they might require some polishing. There are also synthetic options like the Crocs On the Clock clogs, which can be cleaned by simply using a bit of soap and water.
A popular choice among medical workers, these Crocs are easy to clean and built for long shifts.
Durability makes a huge difference. You want your shoes to last through years of heavy-duty wear. The outsole design has a huge impact; as an outsole wears down, it becomes less slip-resistant and less safe. Rubber designs with a lot of traction like the Merrell Jungle Moc shoes are likely to last for longer.
Working Environment or Regulations
Some working environments have specific requirements for OSHA compliance. Sometimes you’re also limited in the colors you can choose. If you can only have white shoes, options like the Reebok Walk Ultra are ideal. But if you need specific protection, you might like a puncture-proof and protective model like the DYKHMILY steel toed shoes.
Waterproof Nursing Shoes FAQ
What is the number one waterproof nursing shoe?
We recommend the Skechers for Work Eldred because of the comfort and support, but the right shoe for you will vary.
Do nurses actually wear Crocs?
Nurses do often wear Crocs because the shoes are comfortable, supportive, and easy to wash.
Why are Crocs banned in some hospitals?
The NHS and some other hospitals around the world have banned Crocs because the shoes don’t offer protection against sharp objects.
There’s a lot to think about when you’re choosing the right waterproof nursing shoes. You want shoes that can support you through long shifts, protect you on the job, and keep you comfortable. Your foot needs and preferences will also play a role.
Overall, our top choice is the Skechers Eldred for Work. These shoes have been made specifically for the workplace, and they’re favored by healthcare workers everywhere. They have a great amount of support and comfort.