The best nursing shoes for flat feet will vary depending on your personal needs and preference. Your workplace will impact the type of protection that you need. We’ve taken a look at the most comfortable nursing shoes for flat feet on the market.
Our top pick for the best shoes for nurses with flat feet is the Asics Gel Kayanos. These shoes provide the kind of support against overpronation that individuals with flat feet need. They’re a great choice for cushioning, and they can prevent your ankle from collapsing.
The Best Nurse Shoes for Flat Feet Women
Asics Gel Kayanos
The Gel Kayanos have extra cushioning along with support for overpronators. They gently guide your foot through its stride to keep it from rolling outward. This protects the ankle from collapsing and can prevent injury.
- Available in 13 color combinations
- Gel cushioning provides shock absorption and helps the stride transition
- FlyteFoam midsole allows bounce-back so you retain energy
- DuoMax support system increases support and stability
- Reduces overpronation by stabilizing the foot through the entire stride
- Engineered Jacquard Mesh Upper
- Duomax Technology
- Space Trusstic Technology
Prepping for the NCLEX? Start Here
Oofos 00mg Clogs
These comfortable clogs are machine washable, so they’re a great option if you’re concerned about cleaning your shoes between shifts. They’re built to provide pain relief for those with plantar fasciitis and orthopedic issues, making it among our top choices of the best nursing shoes for flat feet. Oofos also made our list of the Best Orthopedic Nursing Shoes for this year!
- Available in black/white or solid black
- Machine washable for easy maintenance
- Absorbs shock and cushions the feet to prevent stress on the joints
- Lightweight, minimalist construction reduces fatigue
- Resistant to bacteria and moisture
- Feel the OO - The OOmg Low Shoe is made of a...
- OOfoam Technology - Our revolutionary OOfoam...
- Patented Footbed - Our patented footbed cradles...
Hoka One One Gaviota
The Hoka Gaviota is the softest shoe for flat feet on the market. Meanwhile, the midsole technology helps to correct overpronation throughout the stride.
- Available in 4 different colors
- Midsole technology gently corrects overpronation
- Breathable mesh upper with a mid-foot wrap that fits like a sock
- Wide toe box provides room to spread out
- Super stable sole
Allbirds Tree Dasher
The Allbirds Tree Dasher is specially created to be a lighter stability shoe model, so it can still support nurses with flat feet while also feeling airy and light during your stride. Every Allbirds product is made from renewable resources, so you can feel confident that your purchase is doing good for the environment!
- Tons of fun color options to match your scrubs
- Made from natural materials
- 7mm heel drop
- Breathable upper made of eucalyptus trees
- Dual-density SweetFoam™ midsole
Sanita Leather Clog
The Sanita leather clog is a great choice for those who want a leather shoe for flat feet. Each shoe is crafted in Poland. The leather material provides excellent protection and water resistance.
- Available in black or brown
- Protective closed toe good for hazardous environments
- Waterproof materials add additional protection
- Crafted entirely from leather with a synthetic sole
- Slightly raised heel for extra cushioning
- Anatomically correct foot bed
- Contoured arch support
- Rocker Bottom for natural stride
The Brooks Glycerin is a highly advanced design that made our list of the best Brooks shoes for nurses. The combination of synthetic and mesh materials offers great breathability, and the cushioning is unmatched.
- Available in 13 different color combinations
- Structured upper that stretches to suit your foot
- Extremely soft cushioning using DNA LOFT technology
- OrthoLite sockliner enhances the comfort
- Transition zone makes every step easy
Dansko XP Clog
Are Danskos good for flat feet? Well, these made our list of the best shoes for nurses, so yes! Dansko’s leather design provides ideal cushioning, while the roomy toe box is good for those with wider feet.
- Available in 27 colors and patterns
- Leather clogs with a roomy toe box
- Padded instep prevents chafing
- Lightweight EVA foam midsole prevents fatigue with long use
- Removable PU footbed includes natural arch stabilizing support
Keen Presidio Work Shoes
These professional shoes are great women’s work shoes for flat feet. They have a rugged, outdoorsy appearance. The leather material includes a breathable lining, and the metatomical EVA footbed offers extra support.
- Available in 7 different colors
- Leather upper with a breathable liner and a rubber sole
- EVA footbed provides extra support for flat feet
- Non-marking rubber outsole has good traction
- Rugged-looking professional work or hiking shoes
- Breathable mesh lining
- Removable metatomical eva footbed
- Non-marking rubber outsole
The Adidas Alphabounce is a neutral shoe crafted entirely from synthetic materials. The design is flexible and versatile, with a seamless upper that fits like a sock.
- Available in black or white
- Seamless upper provides support and stretches to fit the foot
- Double-folded tongue construction reduces pressure against the foot
- Bouncy cushioning conserves energy to reduce fatigue
- Designed to be highly durable when subject to wear and tear
- Runner type: Neutral shoes offer flexibility and...
- Seamless Forgedmesh upper designed with areas of...
- Unique tongue construction with double-folded...
These are the best nursing shoes for wide flat feet on the market. If you’re concerned about your wider feet, this design is unparalleled. It has been proven to provide pain relief for plantar fasciitis and bunions.
- Available in 3 colors
- Great for plantar fasciitis, neuropathy, and general foot pain
- Ergonomic cushioning that includes anatomical arch support
- Extended width for those with wider feet
- Multiple cushioning layers to soften each stride
- GUARANTEED COMFORT! Test our shoes for up to 60...
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS? HEEL PAIN? FOOT PAIN?...
- EXTENDED WIDTHS - These SUPER COMFORTABLE...
The Ultraboost is a familiar favorite of ours, having made the list of the best white nursing shoes. The design combines a synthetic sole with a leather upper. The raised heel makes it a good choice for people who suffer from heel pain.
- Available in 37 different colors
- Raised heel for extra cushioning and comfort
- Knitted textile upper creates a snug fit
- Leather construction with a synthetic sole
- Responsive midsole technology helps increase speed and save energy
- Snug, sock-like fit
- Responsive Boost midsole
- adidas Primeknit+ textile upper
Fila Memory Workshift
If you’re looking for a women’s work shoe for flat feet, look no further. These slip resistant shoes are built specifically for professionals like chefs, teachers, and nurses.
- Available in black and white
- Excellent traction on slick surfaces
- Memory foam midsole and sockliner provide multiple layers of comfort
- Breathable perforations keep your feet cool
- Lace-up front creates a relaxed, supportive fit
- Be bold and provocative. Remain vintage, but never...
- Radiate sophistication and style without...
- Inspired by vintage athletic wear. Retro looks,...
The Nike Flex shoe is built to be as flexible as possible. The design features grooves in the outsole that let your foot move naturally without sacrificing traction. Meanwhile, the deconstructed heel provides additional security.
- Available in 4 color combinations
- Outsole flex grooves allow your foot to move naturally
- Stretchy toe material lets you run unencumbered
- Deconstructed heel provides additional stability and support
- Rubber outsole is designed for heavy traction on slippery surfaces
- Flex grooves in the outsole move naturally with...
- A deconstructed Heel conforms to your foot,...
- The full-length rubber outsole provides durable...
Crocs Bistro Clog
These Crocs easily make the list of the best clogs for flat feet. Crocs is a company known for creating comfortable workplace shoes, and these close-toed supportive options knock it out of the park.
- Available in 7 funky patterns and styles
- Made entirely from synthetic materials, including a synthetic sole
- Designed specifically for healthcare and food service workers
- Easy to clean using soap and water
- Slip-resistant treads work well on slippery surfaces
- CROCS AT WORK: Clogs designed with food service,...
- EASY TO CLEAN & SLIP RESISTANT: Crocs Bistro clogs...
- WHAT SIZE SHOULD I BUY?: These work shoes offer a...
Merrell Encore Nova Slip On
The Nova shoe is a stylish, sleek footwear option. If you’re looking for supportive slip-ons, this is a good place to start.
- Available in black or brown
- Slip-on design is super convenient
- Smooth, sleek exterior is easy to wash
- Professional appearance and support
Keen Utility PTC Slip On II
This is another excellent slip-on option, made entirely from imported leather with a rubber sole. Notably, this design has patented toe protection to shield your foot against dropped objects. The stable outsole is also good for the workplace.
- Available in black
- Patented toe protection that prevents workplace accidents
- Memory foam interior adjusts to cushion your feet throughout the day
- Slip-resistant, oil-resistant outsoles with heavy traction
- Stain-resistant and water-resistant leather upper
- SAFETY FIRST: Features a soft toe built to work in...
- COMFORTABLE: The PTC Dress Oxford features a...
- STABLE FOOTING: The oil- and slip-resistant...
Tips for Finding the Best Nursing Shoes for Flat Feet
Consider Insoles or Custom Orthotics
Insoles and custom orthotics can be slipped into a shoe to provide additional support. There are some key differences between them.
Benefits of Insoles
Insoles help already-existing foot disorders and prevent new conditions from developing. They allow for flexibility without sacrificing comfort.
Insoles like the Powerstep Pinnacle can provide extra cushioning.
Benefits of Custom Orthotics
Custom orthotics are custom-created to address your foot issues. They might help with biomechanical misalignments or other problems that insoles won’t help.
If you don’t have unusual foot issues, you probably don’t need custom orthotics.
Diagnose Mechanical Issues at a Running Store
You can diagnose issues in your gait by going to a running store. If an expert looks at you, they may be able to tell you whether you overpronate, need extra support, or need more flexibility.
Look for a Stability Shoe if You Overpronate
Overpronators are more likely to suffer ankle injuries. If you overpronate, a stability shoe can help. These shoes are designed to align the path of your foot properly with every stride.
The Hoka One One Gaviota is a great stability shoe. Testers note that it keeps your stride steady no matter how fast you go.
Understand What Kind of ‘Flat Foot’ You Have
The two types of flat foot are ‘rigid’ and ‘flexible.’ Rigid feet tend to hit the ground hard, so they need extra cushioning. Flexible feet have more give in the muscles, but the arch might collapse if it isn’t supported.
The Brooks Glycerin shoes have more cushioning than any other model on the market. This shoe will provide the support you need to prevent your foot from hitting the ground too hard.
The Dansko XP Clog has a removable footbed that provides arch support. This can help steady your stride and prevent the arch from collapsing.
If you have flat feet, it’s important to get supportive shoes. The best nursing shoes for flat feet can provide adequate cushioning and keep you from overpronating. They may prevent injury, and they’ll help reduce fatigue during long shifts.
Our top pick for nurses with flat feet is the Asics Gel Kayano. These shoes provide stable support and prevent overpronation, ensuring that each stride is steady and straight. They’re super supportive and preferred by many different nurses.
Considering another shoe brand? Check out our Best Brooks for Nurses