The best nurse shoes for plantar fasciitis will vary depending on your needs. An ideal design will have good heel support and cushioning. If you have high arches, it’s also good to look for arch support. Some shoes will let you use your own orthotic inserts, which is great if you have an orthopedist already.
Our top pick is the Brooks Ghost 13. These are the best nurse shoes for plantar fasciitis because of the excellent arch support, non-slip rubber sole, and sleek design. For shoes that allow orthotic inserts, we also recommend the Birki Professional.
The Best Nurse Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Brooks Ghost 13
These shoes make the top of the list due to their cushioning and neutral support. The cushioning uses a combination of DNA LOFT and BioMoGo materials to absorb shock while remaining supportive. The lightweight materials also allow you to work long shifts without suffering fatigue.
- Available in 29 colors and patterns
- Rubber sole helps to prevent slipping
- Good arch support
- Sleeker design than some of the other shoes on this list
- Also made our list of the best tennis shoes for nurses
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for...
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type...
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA...
Dansko Paisley Waterproof Sneakers
These sneakers are made from suede with a completely waterproof leather upper. They’re great for nurses who often work in wet environments. Also included is a removable footbed that absorbs shock and supports the arches. It has three layers of dense cushioning. Without the footbed, the shoe accommodates most orthotics.
- Available in 10 different colors
- Made completely from suede and waterproof leather material
- Can accommodate both standard and customized orthotics
- Also helps with Achilles tendonitis
- Provides relief to plantar fasciitis sufferers who aren’t helped by other options
Studying for the NCLEX? Start Here
Dansko Professional Clogs
These professional clogs are loved by nurses who suffer from plantar fasciitis but prefer nursing clogs to sneakers. They’re made completely from waterproof leather and have dozens of different colors available. The reinforced toe box gives your toes room to spread while protecting your feet, and the rocker bottom absorbs shock.
- Available in 73 colors and patterns
- Leather upper with a synthetic rocker-bottom sole
- Nurses either love or hate these clogs
- Slightly pricey, but worth it for those whose plantar fasciitis has been cured
- Also made our list of the best shoes for surgeons
New Balance V5 Sneaker
These shoes are made from 50 percent leather and 50 percent synthetic materials. The mesh upper allows for extra breathability, while the fashion-forward silhouette looks great in and out of the workplace. The foam bed provides exceptional cushioning for all-day comfort. These make great sneakers for nurses with flat feet. If you suffer from flat feet, check out our full list of the 16 Best Nursing Shoes for Flat Feet.
- Available in navy, black, or grey
- Stylish silhouette with a breathable mesh upper
- Significant cushion for heel pain
- High arch support for flat feet
- Extremely stable design
- Heritage Style: The 990v5 is an iconic sneaker,...
- Plush Ride: These kids’ running shoes are ready...
- Technology in the Toes: A Toe Protect reinforced...
Asics Gel Venture 7 Sneaker
This is one of the best shoes for nurses with plantar fasciitis thanks to the combination of gel, foam, and Ortholite technology. The Ortholite liner keeps your feet dry and clean, while the EVA foam allows for a springy step. A gel cushion in the heel absorbs the shock of every impact, significantly reducing pain and inflammation.
- Available in 19 different color combinations
- Synthetic and mesh construction ideal for long-term wear
- Combined gel and foam cushioning offer hours of support
- Removable Ortholite sockliner wicks away moisture
- Shock absorbing cushion in the heel is great for plantar fasciitis
- Trail Specific Outsole -Reversed lugs provide...
- AHAR Outsole -Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion...
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system...
Merrells Jungle Moc Slip On
These are durable and high-traction shoes that provide ideal cushioning. The EVA foam midfoot conforms to the shape of your foot, while the patented air cushion offers lightweight shock absorption. There is also targeted cushioning in the heel that’s perfect for plantar fasciitis sufferers.
- Available in black and brown
- Crafted completely from leather with a synthetic sole
- Air cushioned heel is lightweight and absorbs shock
- Contoured EVA footbed cushions your pressure points
- Also made our list of the best shoes for male nurses
- Merrell Air Cushion heel
- Simple, comfy and casual--this slip-on from...
Reebok DMX Max
These walking shoes are built for people who spend all day on their feet. The memory foam cushioning helps to prevent shock when walking on hard surfaces. Meanwhile, the DMX cushion moves air along the sole with each step, which helps you conserve energy. A high-traction outsole makes these shoes ideal for slippery environments.
- Available in black, blue, or grey
- Leather and textile upper with a rubber sole
- MemoryTech foam cushioning reduces pressure on the foot
- DMX cushioning uses airflow to streamline your steps
- Super durable, high-traction rubber outsole
- Leather and textile upper
- Designed for: Walking
- MemoryTech foam provides first-feel comfort and...
These shoes are great for anyone seeking a simple, supportive design. They use an engineered footbed to distribute your weight evenly, allowing for maximum support. The footbed can also be replaced with your customized orthotics or other insoles.
- Available in black, blue, or brown
- Crafted entirely from Alpro-Foam
- Design distributes weight evenly along the footbed
- Supportive, lightweight construction
- Removable footbed can be replaced with your own insoles
Oofos Orthopedic Clogs
These clogs are specifically made for people with foot conditions like plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis. They feature a patented footbed that reduces stress on the joints, plus an OOfoam midsole that absorbs more shock than traditional foam. They’re also machine washable, a great feature for nurses.
- Available in matte black, glossy black, and latte
- Made from leather and synthetic materials with a rubber sole
- Patented footbed with OOfoam recovery engineering
- Orthopedic nursing shoes that are great for people with foot conditions
- Nursing shoes with arch support for high arches
- Feel the OO - The OOCloog is a versatile clog that...
- OOfoam Technology - Our revolutionary OOfoam...
- Patented Footbed - Our patented footbed cradles...
Alegria Duette Professional
If you’re looking for an easy slip-on shoe, this is a great choice. It has a dual-density outsole that helps to distribute your weight evenly while providing ideal traction. The padded collar increases comfort, while the removable footbed can be replaced with orthotics.
- Available in 20 different colors and patterns
- Stain-resistant upper with a slip-resistant outsole
- Dual-density synthetic outsole
- Easily slips on and off
- Padded collar provides ankle protection and comfort
- Stain-resistant upper
- Double elastic gore for easy on-and-off
- Padded collar
Alegria Women’s Keli Professional
These shoes feature a removable footbed that combines memory foam, latex, and cork. The foam cushions your feet, the latex conforms to your foot shape, and the cork provides stability. The slip-resistant sole is also designed to reduce pressure on the foot, and the stain-resistant leather upper is great for healthcare environments. Alegria often makes our lists of best shoes or nurses, so this spot on our list of the best shoes for nurses with plantar fasciitis is a no-brainer! These shoes also come in wide sizes. If you have wide feet, you can also shop these 18 Nursing Shoes for Wide Feet.
- Available in 53 colors, prints, and patterns
- Leather lining and upper with a synthetic sole
- Slip-resistant with a stain-resistant upper
- Removable footbed for your orthotics needs
- Made our list of the best white nursing shoes
- APMA approved
- Stain-resistant upper
- Leather upper and lining
These orthopedic nursing shoes are specifically designed for conditions including plantar fasciitis, neuropathy, and bunions. They’re available in wide and extra wide sizes as well, making them the best wide shoes for plantar fasciitis. You can even test them for 60 days and get your money back if you’re not satisfied.
- Available in grey, blue, and black
- 60 day testing period with a money back guarantee
- Built for plantar fasciitis, foot pain, bunions, and neuropathy
- Extra widths available for wide feet
- Orthopedic nursing shoes recommended by professionals
- GUARANTEED COMFORT! Test our shoes for up to 60...
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS? HEEL PAIN? FOOT PAIN?...
- EXTENDED WIDTHS - These SUPER COMFORTABLE...
Hoka One One
These are among the most cushioned shoes on the list, and they’re great for long shifts. One Amazon user noted, “They’re supportive but feel like you’re walking on marshmallows, or cotton candy, or clouds! Seriously, I spend at least 12 hours a day on my feet and with these shoes, I go home pain free.”
- Available in 12 different colors
- Breathable upper keeps your feet dry during long shifts
- Full EVA midsole provides thick cushioning
- One of the most cushioned shoes on the list
- Meta-Rocker technology conserves energy and absorbs shock
Vionic Julianna Pro Slip on Sneaker
These shoes made our #1 pick for Orthopedic Nursing Shoes this year!
Vionic has carved a name for itself with its supportive footwear for both work, gym, and casual wear. All of their shoes are made with the Vio-Motion footbed technology that allows for more support for those suffering from plantar fasciitis and flat feet. One of our favorite Vionic styles for the best shoes for nurses with plantar fasciitis is the Julianna Pro Slip On.
Its mesh upper allows for breathability and keeping your feet cool during your shift. Its outsole passes the ASTM F1677 (MARK II testing) for slip resistance in the workplace. These shoes are easy to slip on as well as easy to clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth and allow to air dry between shifts!
- Slip resistant
- Easy to clean
- Comes in normal and wide width
- Mesh upper allows for breathability
- Super supportive footbed
Vionic Kiara Pro Sneaker
Here’s another Vionic shoe to make our list of the best nurse shoes for plantar fasciitis. This sneaker design is created for professional working environments with slip resistance that meets service duty/slip resistance in the workplace. The body of the shoe is a mesh design which allows for easy cleaning and breathability. The all-black version is pretty sharp and does not look too much like an orthopedic nursing shoe.
- Slip resistance
- Easy to clean mesh upper
- All black design is sleek
- Proven supportive footbed created for plantar fasciitis
Klogs Naples Clog
This leather clog is built specifically for nurses. It has a slightly raised heel, so it’s good for people with shortened calf muscles. The slip-resistant outsole offers ideal shock absorption. There’s also a removable footbed made from contoured synthetic materials.
- Available in 37 colors, prints, and patterns
- Leather clog designed specifically for nurses
- Contoured footbed is removable for custom orthotics
- Slip-resistant, shock-absorbing outsole
- Raised heel protects against inflammation
What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is a common cause of heel pain. It occurs when the plantar fascia becomes inflamed. This band of tissue connects the heel to the toes.
With plantar fasciitis, people experience heel pain when they walk. The pain tends to be the worst when getting up in the mornings. The right cushioning can reduce or halt the inflammation.
Tips on Choosing the Best Nurse Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Consider Orthotic Inserts
Depending on your needs, you might want to use orthotic inserts. More generic Dr. Scholl’s inserts provide extra support, while customized inserts can be created by an orthopedist for unique foot conditions.
Shoes like the Birki Professional have removable footbeds, so you can replace them with your personalized orthotic inserts.
Heel and Arch Support
The best nursing shoes for plantar fasciitis will have support that reduces heel pain. The Brooks Ghost 13 shoes have ideal arch support.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Neutral runners looking...
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type...
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA...
Support is more important than cushioning. A supportive shoe will distribute your weight evenly and absorb the shock of your steps.
Extra Rigid Sole
Some shoes are built with flexible soles, but these aren’t the best for plantar fasciitis. More rigid soles provide better support because they prevent the heel from being impacted.
The Dansko Professional clogs have a rigid sole with a rocker bottom that absorbs shock. Most clogs have rigid soles, while sneakers are more likely to have flexible soles.
A cushioned midfoot is essential for supporting the arches and reducing shock. Many shoes use foam or gel cushioning. Some use a combination of different cushion types to adhere to the foot, absorb shock, and provide long-lasting comfort.
Shoes like the Dansko Paisley sneakers have triple-layered midfoot cushioning for multiple types of support.
Firm Heel Counter
The heel counter is the back of the heel. Most nursing shoes will have an enclosed heel counter that protects your ankles against workplace hazards.
A firm heel counter is ideal because it holds your foot in place. It also keeps the plantar fascia from stretching abnormally, so overall inflammation is reduced.
The best nurse shoes for plantar fasciitis are the ones that provide stability, comfort, and support. You should be able to do your job without worrying about constant heel pain. Some shoes might allow for orthotic inserts, while others are built with extra cushioning.
Overall, we recommend the Brooks Ghost 13. The arch support and heel stability are ideal for people who work long shifts. The design is also sleeker and more modern than many shoes, so they’re a great choice if you’re a fashion-conscious person.