Nurses in every area of healthcare love using New Balance shoes during their shifts. New Balance consistently designs shoes with enough comfort, support, and protection to last through the longest day. But what are the best New Balance shoes for nurses? These are our top picks.
Our favorite option overall is the New Balance FuelCore. These sleek shoes conform to your feet and offer support during the way. The material is lightweight, but the combination of cushioning and foam feels like walking on a cloud.
Still studying for the NCLEX? Start Here
The 13 Best New Balance Shoes for Nurses
New Balance FuelCore
The FuelCore shoes are our top pick because of how lightweight and comfortable they are. The REVlite midsole cushions your stride while reducing fatigue and conserving energy. There’s also a removable memory foam insert that conforms to the unique shape of your foot.
The bootie design is ideal for those who like a snug fit. The top hugs your foot like a sock, keeping your stride stable. At the same time, the synthetic and mesh materials are so lightweight that you won’t suffer any fatigue throughout the day.
- Made our list of the 9 best tennis shoes for nurses
- Super responsive midsole cushioning
- Lightweight materials to conserve your energy
- Removable memory foam insert that conforms to the shape of your foot
- Sleek and snug, fitting to the top of your foot like a sock
New Balance 411 V1 Walking Shoe
The 411 V1 shoe from New Balance makes it comfortable to walk for miles. The upper is crafted from a combination of mesh and leather, making it both easy to clean and super breathable. Meanwhile, the foam cushioning absorbs shock without causing instability. Also included with the shoe is a removable insert that molds to the shape of your foot.
- Made our list of the 13 best white nursing shoes
- Lightweight removable insert conforms to the shape of your foot
- Breathable mesh upper with durable, waterproof leather
- Designed for walking long distances
- Midsole cushioning combines comfort with stability
New Balance V1 Trail Runner Sneaker
These shoes are designed for running on trails and other uneven terrain, and it shows. The midsole uses Fresh Foam cushioning to pad your run without being too heavy. Also included is an EVA foam insert that can be removed at your leisure.
These have some of the most heavy-duty treads on the list. Thanks to the AT Tread outsoles, you can get reliable grip even on gravelly and slippery surfaces. The toes are also reinforced to protect you from potential workplace hazards and injuries.
- Made our list of the 19 best nursing shoes for wide feet
- Heavy-duty treads offer great traction on slippery surfaces
- Lightweight midsole combined with EVA foam insert
- Built for trail running with high performance features
- Toe reinforcement protects you in the workplace
New Balance 624 Cross Trainer
The Cross Trainer is a shoe designed for all kinds of fitness needs. Whether you’re frequently walking, lifting heavy objects, or moving equipment around, the shoes will keep you grounded and stable. They’re firmer than a lot of the other options, helping keep you steady.
Another key component is the flexibility. These shoes are so flexible that wearing them is similar to being barefoot. You can use the flex grooves to grip the ground. At the same time, the midsole shank creates the ultimate stability, making these ideal for overpronators.
- Made our list of the 15 best orthopedic nursing shoes
- Versatile shoes built for all kinds of fitness training
- Outfitted with flex grooves for maximum flexibility
- Firm but shock-absorbing cushioning
- Shank inside the midsole stabilizes every single stride
New Balance Fresh Foam Altoh V1
The Altoh V1 is a shoe that will appeal to nurses with a strong sense of fashion. But it also offers the comfort you need to get through your day. The mesh upper is totally seamless, delivering maximum breathability while reducing chafing. Meanwhile, the EVA foam sole helps you retain energy and avoid painful impacts on the go.
- Super breathable mesh upper
- Seamless construction prevents chafing and discomfort
- EVA foam sole reduces impacts on the joints
- Fresh Foam midsole offers lightweight cushioning
New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz V2
The Cruz V2 is the second edition of New Balance’s Cruz line. In comparison to the first model, these shoes are comfier, more breathable, and lighter in weight. The upper uses stretchy knit fabric to conform to your feet like a sock.
Like all of New Balance’s Fresh Foam offerings, these shoes have a durable and supportive Fresh Foam midsole. The design works best for nurses who frequently stand and walk, but it’s not always ideal if you have to run long distances.
- Super lightweight, breathable, and comfortable
- Knit stretch fabric conforms to your foot like a sock
- Supportive midsole helps the shoes retain their shape
- One of the most fashionable models on the list
- Ideal for cushioning if you stand for long periods of time
New Balance Fresh Foam Roav V1
If you’re looking for a big selection of colors to show off your personality, these shoes will appeal. They’re available in everything from black and white to neon pink! The casual style is super fashion-forward while also having an enviable amount of cushioning.
The supportive Fresh Foam midsole helps to absorb shock. Then there’s an NDurance outsole, which uses patented technology to reinforce the high-wear areas. Finally, the Ultra Heel technology hugs your foot and supports the heel, locking it in place.
- Extremely stylish and brightly colored shoes
- Fresh Foam provides responsive cushioning and support
- NDurance technology reinforces the outsole to extend the shoe’s lifespan
- Ultra Heel technology stabilizes and cradles the heel
- Casual, fashion-forward option
New Balance Fresh Foam Arishi V2
Like the other Fresh Foam shoes, the Arishi V2 has lightweight and responsive support. The collar of the shoe is made from foam, so it conforms to your foot and cradles your Achilles tendon. The no-sew upper feels super sleek and smooth against the foot.
Another ideal feature is the engineered mesh, which creates enhanced breathability. On top of that, the outsoles are crafted from strong rubber. They’re built to withstand hours of tough daily use.
- Tough rubber outsoles last for years
- Support collar is padded and conforms to your foot
- No-sew upper is super smooth and comfy
- High level of breathability during long shifts
- Integrated Fresh Foam creates cushioning and support
New Balance 608 V5 Cross Trainer
If you’re looking for a casual and relaxed fit, this shoe might appeal. Unlike many of the more sporty options, it’s crafted 100% from leather. That makes it super easy to clean and maintain. The PU foam insert allows for ongoing support and comfort.
The EVA foam midsole allows for lightweight cushioning, and the Phantom Liner softly cradles the foot while reducing irritation. Another feature is the midsole shank, which provides support for those with high arches. It can help keep you from overpronating.
- Available in 5 neutral color combinations
- Crafted from leather, so it’s super easy to clean
- Combination of EVA foam midsole and PU foam insert for cushioning
- Soft Phantom Liner tech keeps your feet from chafing
- Stabilizing midsole shank provides arch support and prevents overpronation
A more relaxed shoe, these are ideal for nurses seeking a versatile option!
New Balance Hook and Loop Walking Shoe
These shoes have some of the funkiest color combinations available from New Balance. The upper is crafted from 50% breathable mesh and 50% lightweight synthetic materials. The rubber sole has been outfitted with all-terrain treads, meaning that you’ll get traction on even loose and slick surfaces.
The design incorporates a REVlite midsole, which is 30% lighter than most other foam cushioning. It allows you to conserve your energy while remaining responsive and durable. There’s an 8 millimeter heel drop as well.
- Funky color combinations available to flaunt your style
- Combination of breathable mesh and lightweight synthetic
- Super heavy duty, high traction rubber outsole
- Special REVlite midsole is lighter than most other foams
- Highly durable interior and exterior
New Balance Nitrel V3 Running Shoe
While these shoes look very different from most others on the list, there’s no denying that they have an appeal. If you’re sick of lace-up closures and just want a simple velcro fix, then this is exactly what you’re looking for.
The shoes are crafted completely from leather, so they’re easy to maintain. The rubber sole provides ideal traction on slick surfaces. There’s a higher heel drop than many models, which might make these shoes ideal for people with plantar fasciitis.
- Available in black and white
- Completely leather construction with a rubber sole
- Lace-free hook and loop closure system for easy wear
- High 13 millimeter drop might provide heel pain relief
- Soft, padded collar cradles the heel and ankle
New Balance Beaya V1 Slip-On Running Shoe
Another shoe that looks a little different from the rest, this slip-on design works great for those who don’t want to struggle with laces. It’s also available in a wide range of colors. The textile upper is soft against the foot, stretching to accommodate your unique shape.
The midsole uses DynaSoft technology for energy conservation and responsiveness. But it also provides plush cushioning with each step. Meanwhile, the outsole has high-abrasion pods that protect the high-wear areas and extend the shoe’s lifespan.
- Fabric slip-on shoe for maximum convenience
- Available in 14 different colors and styles
- Soft textile upper stretches with your foot
- Reinforced rubber outsole can withstand a ton of wear and tear
- DynaSoft midsole is both responsive and deeply cushioned
New Balance 577 V4 Cross Trainer
These are another versatile cross training shoe from New Balance. But unlike many of the others on the list, the design doesn’t use synthetic or mesh fabric. Instead, it’s crafted entirely from easy-maintenance leather.
The midsole is formed with lightweight and responsive cushioning. It’s flexible enough for you to easily stand your ground. Also included is a comfort insert made out of super soft foam. That will conform to your feet and provide relief during long shifts.
- Versatile fitness shoe made out of leather
- Basic rubber sole for training
- Lightweight cushioning in the midsole
- Super soft removable foam insert
- Great if you want leather cross trainers
Alternatives to New Balance Shoes for Nurses
New Balance vs HOKA ONE ONE
Who can benefit from HOKA ONE ONE?
HOKA is known for making exceptionally cushioned and comfortable shoes. Their designs are often prioritized by people with plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, and other conditions that cause foot pain.
Our HOKA ONE ONE Recommendations for Nurses
HOKA ONE ONE Clifton
The Clifton shoes have received the Seal of Acceptance from the American Podiatric Medical Association. They offer balanced cushioning and a neutral fit. People who overpronate have mentioned that these shoes help stabilize their stride.
HOKA ONE ONE Bondi
The Bondi shoes exemplify all of the padding and cushioning that HOKA is known for. Like the Clifton, they have an APMA Seal of Approval. The memory foam collar reduces pain from plantar fasciitis, while the EVA midsole absorbs the shock of every step.
New Balance vs Brooks
Who can benefit from Brooks?
Brooks shoes work great for people who prioritize comfort and cushioning. They’re known for being some of the most comfortable in the industry.
Our Brooks Recommendations for Nurses
Brooks Ghost 15
The Ghost running shoes are built to make your stride as smooth as possible. Soft cushioning cradles your feet even on hard surfaces, and the smooth transitions help stabilize you if you overpronate.
Brooks Glycerin 19
The Glycerin shoes are built for people who are on their feet for hours. They use DNA LOFT cushion technology to absorb shock. Meanwhile, the inside is lined with plush material and engineered to avoid chafing.
We have more recommendations in the 11 Best Brooks Shoes for Nurses, too.
New Balance vs Skechers
Who can benefit from Skechers?
Skechers are some of the most fashionable and recognizable shoes on the market. They’re also available in a huge range of different models, so you’re likely to find something optimized for your specific needs.
Our Skechers Recommendations for Nurses
Skechers D’Lites are designed to bring casual comfort to everyone: runners, professionals, and people who barely exercise. There are tons of specific models in the D’Lites collection to suit your particular needs.
Skechers for Work Bisco
The Bisco shoes are built for professionals who need protection. Their steel toe protects nurses from heavy and sharp objects. Meanwhile, the padded tongue and cushioned memory foam make them super comfy during long days.
We have more recommendations in the 15 Best Skechers for Nurses, too.
The steel toe makes these some of the most protective shoes available.
New Balance Nursing Shoes FAQ
Why do nurses wear New Balance sneakers?
New Balance nursing shoes have a great blend of comfort, support, and athleticism.
Are New Balance shoes comfortable to stand all day?
New Balance shoes often have comfortable cushioning and joint relief when you’re on your feet for a whole shift.
Which New Balance shoes have the best arch support?
The Fresh Foam Cruz V2 shoes are great for arch support, but any of the Fresh Foam line will be ideal.
Is there a New Balance healthcare workers discount?
Healthcare workers get 25% off their purchases of athletic wear and running shoes from New Balance.
The best New Balance shoes for nurses will give you the comfort and support you need to stay on your feet all day. They’ll protect you from workplace hazards, and they’ll last a long time.
Our top pick overall is the New Balance FuelCore. The midsole cushioning is lightweight enough to prevent fatigue, but it’s comfy enough to soften each step. Also included is a memory insert that conforms to your feet. The supportive fit will help keep you from stumbling while on the go.