The best insoles for standing all day will give you enough comfort and support to prevent fatigue. Joint aches should be a thing of the past with proper gel insoles. But the right one for you will vary depending on your specific support needs and preferences.
Our top pick overall are the Dr. Scholl’s Work Insoles. These are made specifically for people on the go. They have shock absorbing qualities that work all day, plus tough arch support to reduce pressure points. You can fit them inside work boots and other shoes as well.
The extra gel cushioning and wonderful arch support make these shoes a clear winner for people who stand all day!
Still studying for the NCLEX? Start Here.
The 12 Best Insoles for Standing All Day
Dr. Scholl’s Work Insoles
Dr. Scholl’s is a well-respected brand in the medical community. Also known for their comfortable shoes, which made our list of the best shoes for doctors and medical professionals.
These Dr. Scholl’s Work Insoles are the best option overall thanks to their support, comfort, and versatility. They can be purchased in a women’s size 6 to 11 or a men’s size 8 to 14. The design is specifically geared toward people who stand all day on hard floors. If you’re experiencing tiredness and discomfort in your legs, these inserts were made for you.
Like many of the flagship products from Dr. Scholl’s, these shoes use gel technology to conform to the shape of your foot. They have an extra layer of cushioning to absorb shock throughout the day, even when worn for hours every week. The interior columns give firm arch support to take pressure off the foot.
- Best overall inserts for people who stand all day
- Includes extra gel cushioning to absorb shock and prevent joint aches
- Tough arch support cradles the foot
- Compatible with work boots, sneakers, and casual shoes
- Can fit a range of shoe sizes; you just need to trim it to the shape of your shoe
The extra gel cushioning and wonderful arch support make these shoes a clear winner for people who stand all day!
Easy Feet insoles are the best insoles for plantar fasciitis. If you’ve been dealing with inflammation in your heel and calf, you ought to consider these soles. These come in a wide range of sizes for both men and women, so you’re likely to find one that fits your foot. The inserts are recommended for people with a wide range of foot conditions.
The arch support technology is unparalleled, preventing overpronation and taking pressure off your heel. A mixture of gel and air capsules give you contoured cushioning that feels like running on a cloud. The heel cradle is built to automatically stabilize your stride as you walk and run. In fact, the manufacturer gives a one year warranty and satisfaction guarantee.
- Insoles designed specifically for plantar fasciitis, high arches, and overpronation
- Combination of air and gel cushioning to soften every step
- Heel cup stabilizes every stride
- Available in a wide range of sizes for men and women
- Completely risk free purchase with a 1 year manufacturer warranty
For those plagued by foot issues like plantar fasciitis and high arches, the extra balance and cushioning features of these inserts will appeal!
Dr. Scholl’s Heel Pain Orthotics
These are the best insoles for heel pain of any kind. Like Dr. Scholl’s other products, they use patented technology to reduce foot pain. The features are specifically built to focus on heel spurs, heel aggravation, and plantar fasciitis. You can fit them in work boots, casual shoes, and regular sneakers without needing to trim them.
Instead of being full-foot inserts, these inserts specifically focus on cradling the heel. The Shock Guard Technology absorbs the shock when your feet strike against the ground. Meanwhile, a supportive heel cup stabilizes the heel and adds additional padding to prevent shock. If you’re specifically looking for heel pain relief, these inserts are perfect.
- Foot inserts that fit inside your shoes or boots without needing trimming
- Specifically built to relieve pain on and around the heel
- Shock absorbing technology prevents pain as you walk
- Heel cup balances your foot and stabilizes your stride
- One size fits a wide range of men and women’s shoes
Walk Hero Insoles
Thanks to the arch support, the Walk Hero insoles are the best insoles for high arches. They are built to relieve foot pain and plantar fasciitis that develops as a result of high arches. In addition, the support helps to correct your stride so you don’t overpronate. The deep heel cup offers further stability with every step you take.
The inserts are crafted using premium EVA foam material, a popular choice in luxury shoes. This foam can conform to the shape of your foot and absorb the shock of every stride. Around the inserts, the comfortable fabric is built to keep your feet cool during long shifts. These are perfect for everyday use, whether you stand or walk a lot.
Suffer from foot pain? Here are the Best Orthopedic Nursing Shoes for 2023
- Arch support reduces pressure on the foot and increases alignment
- Deep heel cup keeps the foot stable throughout the stride
- Crafted from cushioning EVA foam and breathable fabric
- Built for people to use every day in their work and casual shoes
- Satisfaction guarantee from the manufacturer
These supportive inserts offer support for high arches and keep your feet cool during long, tiring shifts!
Powerstep Original Arch Support
These are the most comfortable insoles in general. If comfort is your main priority, this product should be top of your list. The product is constructed with 100 percent polyester and an EVA foam sole, while the neutral arch support is ideal for all foot types. Whether you have high arches or flat feet, the supports can relieve the stress on your feet.
Another important feature is the dual layer foam cushioning. You get denser, thicker cushioning with these inserts than with the majority of competitors on the market. Every insole is designed to fit, so you don’t have to worry about measuring or trimming the inserts for your shoes. In addition to work and athletic shoes, the inserts can be worn in casual and dress shoes.
- Neutral arch support to relieve pressure on all foot shapes
- Dual layer cushioning for maximum shock absorption
- Denser and more comfortable cushioning than nearly any other insole on the market
- Designed to fit work, casual, athletic, and dress shoes
- Arrives sized to the shoe, so there’s no need to trim or reshape
PowerStep Original insoles are ideal for pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, shin splints and other foot, ankle, knee, hip & back pain.
Dr. Scholl’s Memory Foam Shoe Insoles
Memory foam shoe insoles are fairly common, but that’s because they work. The layers of foam work together to provide combined cushioning and support, so there’s both shock absorption and stability. Dr. Scholl’s might be known for gel cushioning. However, they’ve also done a great job with this memory foam design.
The insoles are built for people who are uncomfortable due to their leg fatigue. Rather than focusing on support, these prioritize soft cushioning. The memory foam bed molds to your foot’s unique shape, while the breathable material keeps your feet dry during long shifts. Massaging gel has been added along the top to knead the foot throughout the day.
- Combination of gel massage and memory foam technology
- Built for super soft cushioning rather than strong support
- Super soft memory foam molds to the foot
- Breathable enough to keep your feet from overheating
- Capable of fitting sneakers, work boots, and casual shoes as long as you trim
This unique blend of gel and memory foam technology creates a pillowy softness with every step!
Dr. Scholls Air-Pillo Comfort Insoles
These comfort insoles are designed to have the most lightweight cushioning possible. If you’ve been worried about bulky insoles, you might appreciate the ultra thin design. The insoles are so thin that they sometimes stick together inside the packaging and need to be peeled apart! Despite the thinness, the inserts are built for people who stay on their feet all day.
A double-layered cushioning system provides a mixture of comfort and support. The bottom layer helpfully stays in place instead of moving with your foot, which prevents bunching and wrinkling. Because of the thinness, you can trim the insoles to fit basically any shoe — including complicated, strappy formal shoes.
- Super thin and lightweight insoles for those needing a minimalist approach
- Built to reduce foot discomfort without being bulky or heavy
- Bottom layer of foam is more rigid, preventing bunching and wrinkling
- Two layers of thin foam help to cushion and support your feet
- Can be trimmed to the shape of basically any shoe thanks to the thinness
Powerstep Pinnacle Arch Support
These are among the best arch support insoles on the market today, and they may be the best men insoles. Crafted from polyester with an EVA foam sole, these full length insoles provide thick cushioning for people who work on their feet. The neutral arch support helps to stabilize every foot shape.
Inside the sole is a double layer of cushioning, with a base layer to provide support and a top layer to absorb shock. The design uses patented PowerStep technology to create an arch shape that stabilizes the entire foot. Made to fit sized shoes, you can start wearing them right out of the box. You can move these from shoe to shoe as you cycle through your wardrobe.
- Neutral arch support with patented stabilizing technology
- Base support layer with a top cushioning layer to absorb shock
- No trimming necessary since the insoles are made to fit sized
- Built with maximum cushioning and a moderate level of support
- Great for those who want basic support and comfort for foot pain
Sof Sole Insoles
Instead of having extra arch support or more support for flat feet, Sof Sole is the best option for neutral arches. These full length orthotics are built for use in men’s footwear. In addition to casual support, they can be used for running and cross training. You can fit the shape into both casual and athletic footwear, though it may not be good for more formal shoes.
The design boasts a Hydrologix treatment that wicks moisture away, keeping your feet dry throughout the day. Meanwhile, both the heel and forefoot have layers of shock absorbing cushioning. The gel pads reduce pressure on the joints without being too bulky for comfortable use. You can purchase these in 5 different trimmable sizes.
- Neutral arch support suits all but the most extreme arches
- Suitable for casual and athletic use in men’s footwear
- Gel pads and cushioning absorb shock in the forefoot and heel
- Moisture-wicking material keeps feet dry and clean throughout the day
- Available in trimmable sizes from a men’s 7 to 16
A truly neutral support shoe, these insoles for men work well for the athletic and the casual wearers!
Comfort Zone Gel Insoles
You don’t need to have a diagnosis to find pain relief. These are the best insoles for foot pain in general, even if it isn’t located in one specific area. The patented technology identifies three different zones of support, providing each part of the foot with optimum cushioning. Meanwhile, the toes are free in the shoe, so it’s ideal for those who don’t want a full length insert.
There are a few different features that increase the appeal of these insoles. First of all, they can be purchased in a pack of 3. You also don’t need to trim or resize them. A non-slip design helps to keep your foot stable, even if you sweat throughout the day. And the materials are durable enough to stand up to heavy duty everyday use.
- Women’s insoles with tri-zone technology
- Optimized cushioning and support for the heel, ball, and arch of the foot
- Not full length, so toes wiggle freely and no trimming is required
- Available in packs of 3, so you can put them in multiple pairs of shoes
- Durable enough to match the lifespan of your shoes
Comfort Zone Cushion Insoles
These insoles are specifically designed to stop odors in their tracks, so they’re ideal for those who sweat a lot. The fabric is capable of absorbing moisture, keeping your feet dry and comfortable during the day. You can also purchase a pack of 3 at once to put in multiple pairs of shoes.
Each of the insoles is trim to fit. While they do have cushioning, their design is more solely focused on the odor elimination. You can wear them in any type of shoe, from work boots to sneakers to dressier office shoes.
- Cushioned insoles with odor fighting technology
- Available in packs of 3 for multiple pairs of shoes
- Absorbs moisture during the day so your feet stay dry
- Minimizes and eliminates odors, keeping your shoes from smelling at the end of a shift
Though these insoles don’t focus a lot on support or cushioning, they are great for anyone concerned about odor control!
Suffer from flat feet? Check out these 16 best shoes for nurses with flat feet!
Choosing the Best Insoles for Standing All Day FAQ
What are the most comfortable insoles for standing all day?
The most comfortable insoles will depend on your preferences. But the Powerstep Original soles are built for maximum comfort and arch support.
What are the best insoles for aching feet?
Do insoles reduce shoe size?
Insoles can reduce the empty space in shoes that are too big. The size and shape make a difference. Options like the Dr. Scholls Air-Pillo Comfort use thinner cushioning.
Can you put insoles in Crocs?
It’s very easy to put insoles in Crocs, thanks to their roomy design. Products like the Walk Hero Insoles will give you extra arch support that the Crocs footbed might lack.
Being on your feet all day can cause a lot of wear and tear on your body. If you come home with aching feet every evening, it’s time for something to change. You want to find the best insoles for standing all day that meet your specific needs. The right ones will vary depending on your job, lifestyle, support needs, and cushioning preference.
You might have heard a lot of trendy brand names, like a Solite insoles review. But overall, our top pick are the Dr. Scholl’s Work Insoles. Dr. Scholl’s is the most well-known gel insoles manufacturer and one of the most inexpensive.
In this case, the industry giant actually has stayed ahead of the competition. These insoles use tried and true technology to ease pressure on your feet, while increasing overall support. Most people who stand all day will experience a reduction in pain upon using them. And they’re versatile enough to be used in work boots as well as other shoes.